The academy was last inspected in June 2013 and it was graded as 'GOOD'.
The main findings were that:
- Pupils achieve well and attainment at the end of Year 6 is above average. They make good progress, with the best progress being made between Year 4 and Year 6.
- Pupils do particularly well in English and this is reflected in rising results in national tests at the end of Year 6.
- Teaching in all classes is good and some teaching is outstanding.
- Behaviour in lessons is always good. Pupils are confident, polite and courteous. They enjoy their lessons and are well prepared for the next stage of their education.
- Leadership and management are good, and leaders have brought about improvements to teaching and the progress that pupils make.
- The headteacher, governors and senior leaders have high expectations and set high standards. They are well supported by a staff team that understands what they want to achieve and shares in their determination to succeed.
- Exciting topics provide learning opportunities that engage and motivate pupils.
- Pupils' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is a strength of the school.